Friday, June 5, 2009

Randomness that just might break the strike rule... but fugh it...


Operation Save the Kidneys
His Side straight stopped drinking. Just stopped like ::snap:: that. He certainly wasn't a raging alcoholic, but balance was certainly missing. He simply detoxed. Drank lots of water. Went through the kidney pains, and *poof*.

Power Couple
We've really rallied over the past few weeks. We were productive - attacking important items on the to-do list and feeling the high of what happens when partners prove their union has power behind it.

De-Stressing Through Resolution
Together, we recently closed a long-standing legal issue that kept His Side on edge. He approached with trembling hands, and I held those hands as I told him it would be okay. Somehow, I just knew it would. In about 10 long but amazing minutes, the problem was solved and he was free from the worry. Years of worry. I saw a marked change in him that day. The stress dissipated like fog under the heat of the scorching sun. Without trying to sound cliche, it was amazingly like God smiled on us that day.

What's Mine is Yours
I noticed something about His Side. Not really noticed - but discovered just how deep it runs. He shares everything with me. It doesn't matter how big or how small. It could be his last bite of food or the only paycheck he'll see in weeks. He makes sure I get some, most, or all of anything he has. I mean anything. The gesture is always without thought or hesitation, and he doesn't take anything from me to "make it even."

And before you go getting all sappy, in spite of all that His Side does right, I may still be forced to kill him if he doesn't show his face on this blog in a minute. Now go back to what you were doing while I sharpen my knives.

1 comment:

Big Mark 243 said...

I am glad to hear this ... it relaties to something that is happening RIGHT NOW in my life, that I think people take too much for granted.

You may not 'get' this band, but the Kings of Leon has a song, 'On Call', that is all about what His Side does ... what I aspire to, and what goes underapperciated in a relationship.

When someone has the qualities you mentioned in this entry about your man, I think they should get PRIORITY consideration in your life.

What ever it is that they are working thru, if you can't stick and stay, and they will give you their LAST, and you know and dare I say may have experienced a relationship where the other side would give you out of a full grip of whatever, then baby girl, it is YOU!

Apparently, you don't have to worry about that. You know what you got, and I am talking cause I can!!

I am soooo happy for you! *Daps His Side* Now both of y'all can say you deserve each other!!

urcg42jm3k