Friday, December 24, 2010

Emotionally Abusive Mothers and Adult Daughters: Series Intro

If you were hoping for the next installment in my Insufficient Postage series, you may be in for a treat. The next four posts regarding emotionally abusive mothers and adult daughters can be read as one long letter to my mother.

Don't look for the spills and thrills and chills that come with bitter cat fights. I won't be calling my mom a bucket-full-o-bitches in this one - although that would probably make for a good reality television episode. No siree, this one has a happy ending that releases me from the guilt of wanting to divorce my mother after decades of her verbal slashing.

Here's how it works: The posts are already saved. They're timed to appear on the blog 3 days apart - the first one beginning in 3 days. There simply was no other way to share a 4-page long document without jamming an overstuffed post into one space and possibly losing your attention due to size. This assumes everybody has a touch of ADD. Like me. :-)

Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.

3 comments:

Her Side said...

Good evening, and Merry Christmas!

Somehow, blogger posted part 4 of 4 in the series.

I fixed that, and the two comments I received will reappear with the post.

And Mark... You have no idea that your comment may have triggered a WHOLE NEW SERIES here.

I refuse to partake in the hate that goes on between women in the Black community. But you have a serious point about the widespread problem... between Black women in general... and with their mothers specifically.

It's all so juvenile, but I learned to keep it moving. I prefer to surround myself with people who crave true education (learning, not college) and want to understand a world larger than their own current limits.

I'll come back to this after the series is done posting.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Big Mark 243 said...

What did I say? Don't go blamin' me for something I did not know I was doing! I don't think I would have done it, if I knew I was going to be blamed (credited) for it!!

Her Side said...

Hey Mark. LOL You can plead all you like, but your insightful comments always get me thinking about the next conversation. hehe

Your comment was about the Black Female Matriarchal Complex... and how black women aren't generally good friends to each other. Good stuff. :-)

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas.

urcg42jm3k