Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year, Same Old Bullshit.... NOT.


Warning: I am not feeling particularly deep today, so this post contains no advice or deep reflections. If that's what you needed, contact 1-800-SOWHAT.

===================

I have never gone into a New Year with a bad attitude about the future, and this New Year is no different. As the icing on the cake, there's something spectacular about this New Year doubling as the mark of a new decade. Can you believe it's 2010?? What a blessing to see another decade. I just wish we had the shiny suits and the flying cars that all the old movies promised by 2010.

Anyway, this is a relationship blog, so I won't bore you with my loosely-formed list of resolutions that will probably die an ugly death by February. But I will share this: I am enjoying a front-row seat to a wonderful transformation in His Side. And I'm not talking about the selfish list of things I'd love to see change about him. I'm talking about the joy of watching him like himself again. He's jumped some hurdles, ducked some bullets, and ran through other random obstacles. He achieved some personal victories that he's proud to claim. And it shows all over his happy-ass glowing face.

Yeah, we tried the "let's still be friends" thing too soon after the breakup. Silly rabbits... Tricks are for kids.... BUT... I can ultimately measure the current friendship as worth the original chaos. Shit, nobody died, the stuntmen got paid, and no animals were harmed in the making of this drama. Isn't that a success? hehe

See ya next time... and Happy New Year!

8 comments:

Negril said...

Well, call me a skeptic, but I think it's fair to say that your rose coloured glasses were never too far away. Why? Because trust me, I've played in this movie before. Hell, it wasn't that long ago that I finally turned in my SAG membership and moved on to Indie movies, which are far more worthwhile.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for people taking and making progressive steps, and I'm also for them having support; I still think that sometimes a little distance will provide a firmer foundation.

Okay, all that being said now that Annie (my alter who's not always as sensitive as me) has left the building, I wish His Side success and I hope that the missing pieces to his lifes puzzle find their way home. I hope that your friendship will be rewarding. If not, toss the script and make no more sequels, threequels, etc. LOL!

Big Mark 243 said...

I'd be lying if I said that I didn't feel you about you 'n His Side finally beginning to like himself and subsquent to that, his life more and your friendship. Wonder if there is a realization that at this point in time, y'all are better as 'friends' than as a 'couple'?

Yeah, as long as the animals are safe and the crew got their loot, what else is there? The profit is that you created something that didn't take too much out of you and that you are better off than you were.

I'd take it.

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I think 2010 will be AMAZING! Love ABOUND! Looking forward to following along on your relationship journey...we are all out there making love and being in love.

Her Side said...

"Well, call me a skeptic, but I think it's fair to say that your rose coloured glasses were never too far away. Why? Because trust me, I've played in this movie before."

That's the beauty, the blessing, AND the curse of this life... everybody observes from a set of glasses that are crafted from the joys-and-pains of their own experiences. When that view is more positive, we often call it "rose-colored glasses." When negative, we often call it "keeping it real."

For every person whose pain tells me to give up the friendship, somebody's joy tells me that my friendship is golden. I've seen and heard the cries from both sides. Although I admit to error, I claim I erred on the right side on this one. :-)

I love that you're a Grade A girlfriend offering advice and making sure I don't get flattened if I'm going the wrong way on a one-way street. LMAO

Trust... I have my own "mother bear" experiences with you. {{hugs}}

Her Side said...

@Mark: Hey stranger! When you break it down to it's most basic terms, we are certainly working with a profit margin. LOL

@LoveBabz: You ain't nevah evah lied about love and journeys. LOL It's great to see you here in this new year. I look forward to catching-up on some of the blogs that got away from me (yours, Mark's, Negril's, and a few others).

Denisha said...

Happy New Year and I'm glad to read about the positive developments :)

Negril said...

My sensitivity on this subject hits close to home as some parts of it reminds me so much of me and Trooper (a story I so need to update you on). But maybe a friendship over a relationship as Mark says could work better for you. However, if you and His Side do get back together, I hope it's all it needs to be on a balanced and solid foundation.

Her Side said...

Sorry for the delay on moderating the comments! I finally made it here. I wish I could skip the moderating, but lately I have experienced a lot of spam!

Negril, I hear you on the "close to home," and I have longed to catch up with you on girlie business. :-) The absence of our chats at work STILL leaves an impression of "something missing" during the day. {{hugs}}

urcg42jm3k