Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dropping by my own crib to say hello and share a random bit...

I drive by this blog, peek out the side window, and speed off like I don't live here. The problem is... I DO live here, and I am neglecting the crib.

On any given day, I have loads to say. Those words simply haven't made it to this blog in 2 months. It's time to change that. Blogging is free therapy. Sharing my words with others make me accountable to myself. When I pen my thoughts, bullshit gets illuminated. Kinda like the the gems of time when you catch yourself giving advice to your kids that you haven't even applied to your own life.

I started reading a series on male promiscuity today. A friend sent the random link and I found myself engrossed in this man's take on the subject.

The series is still in progress. You can check it here while I continue to get my thoughts together:

Blog Name:
The Black Bond Blog

Links for the Series:
1. Intro Male Promiscuity

2. Male Promiscuity Part 2. How it Starts

3. Promiscuity Interlude: Apparently a warning that the rest will contain vividly graphic language.

It doesn't take long to figure out the reasons this blogger claims to have received hate mail. He doesn't mince a single word - which is a trait I tend to appreciate as others may loathe.

Enjoy. (Or Not) hehe

5 comments:

Shanel said...

I joined his blog... I like hearing the male's perspective... thanks for coming back:)

Big Mark 243 said...

Glad to see that you dropped by for a sec. Will get to your links and take them in when I feel a little bit better.

Sure, this is free therapy and the accountablity factor is one of the main reasons I started my journal, even when there was no one reading it. The act of having it out in the world is an act of claiming your desires and dispensing of what you don't want.

What becomes important is that you move towards the things you want into your life and learn from the lessons taught in the things that you don't want.

It hurts. Right now I am feeling SO MUCH stuff that I can barely stand it. But pushing stuff out of me and in this online journal satisfies some of my needs and gives me the outlet that I want.

For instance, I miss you a lot. Along with Lovebabz, I don't have any other 'sisters' out here on the internet... which reflects what occurs in my analog life. I miss having black women in my life who I don't have an interpersonal/physical relationship with. There is a special value that comes with having a platonic relationship with someone of the opposite sex. Even if it is listening to their problems and helping them work thru them, there is something there to be gained.

So get it together and make an appearance and don't worry about where you have been... the party didn't begin until you walked in!!

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

So nice to pop by here. When you are ready to come back, we'll be here.

Negril said...

Like Mark, I will check out the link at another time. I am always tickled by your drive by postings as they seem to give me what I need for cerebral stimulation or a simple chuckle.

Her Side said...

@Negril: lol! Even a short drive by can be loaded with shenanigans.

@LoveBabz and Shanel: Good to see y'all!

@Mark: My brotha my brotha. It is always a pleasure to see you here. I look forward to your male perspective - especially when it's possible I'm just being an ass!

urcg42jm3k